Dear CR Success Educators,
We are providing free of cost a new series of decodable stories, Tales of Friends, Stay At Home. The familiar characters of Tales of Friends (Jim, Liz, Kim, and Jamal) will relate their stay-at-home experiences in stories that develop meaningful reading practice as well as promoting discussions around the positive qualities or resilience, creativity, and caring. Each set of stories will center around a phonetic concept from the CR Success Learning Program.
· Liz’ Journal – Concept 11: R Family and Rebel R (and previous concepts)
· Kim’s Journal – Concept 12: Slinky Vowel Teams (au, aw, oo, ou, ow, oi, oy)
· Jamal’s Journal – Concept 13: Walker Vowel Teams (ai, ay, oa, oe, ui, ue)
· Jim’s Journal – Concepts 14 and 15: Long A Spellings (Best Spellings for /A/and /O/)
· Liz’s Journal Part 2 – Concept 16: Most Kind and Wild Old Words (Word Families: –ost, -ind, -ild, -old)
We hope these stories, relevant to the current situation, will support you as you provide instruction for first, second, and third grade students. The reading level for these stories is based on second grade, so first grade students will need additional support and third grade students will have extra practice.
In addition, Shared Reading lessons are provided for students who are reading at mid-kindergarten to early first grade level.
Educators and parents are given permission to either print these stories or send them digitally to students.
The following materials are provided with each of the 5 sets of stories:
· Four-Step Vocabulary to reinforce the phonetic concepts and T.R.I.C.K.y words (non-phonetic high-frequency words)
· Lesson Plans for vocabulary, comprehension, fluency, and writing practice
· Shared Reading Activities for beginning readers that allow interactive reading while practicing decoding simple Closed Syllable Words. We have highlighted the CVC and VC words and have created a plan to use these materials during a shared reading time with students
We hope you are safe and well.
The CR Success Learning Team
©2020 CR Success Learning, LLC These materials are subjected to the copyright laws of the United States of America, for the benefit of CR Success Learning. They cannot be sold or reproduced by other companies.