Level 2 Systematic Phonics and Connected Text
Streamlined Level 2 promotes advanced phonemic awareness while developing concepts for the complete English phonetic code.
The user-friendly manual has a systematic sequence of explicit lessons, divided into units. Each unit also has digital files for assessments and for extra learning activities.
The companion book, The CR Success Concept Book, includes a visual poster, a clear story, a song or chant, word examples, and often a gesture to teach each concept. This book is also used in the Level 1 program.
The decodable anthology, Once Upon a Pigeon, is used in connection with the phonics lessons. The accompanying workbook, Connect and Reflect, supplies lessons in vocabulary building, fluency, non-fiction text, and writing. The guide will support the instructor in using the anthology and workbook.
Goal: To teach systematic, explicit phonics of the complete phonetic code and word study of the English Language, while developing advanced phonemic awareness and reading fluency
Time: Student – 45-60 minutes per day Preparation – 20 minutes per week
- Streamlined Level 2 Manual and USB with digital worksheets
- CR Success Concept Book (104 pages)
- Foundation Magnetic Folder and Letterset
- Once Upon a Pigeon Anthology (16 stories, 144 pages)
- Connect and Reflect Student Workbook (170 pages)
- Teacher’s Guide for Connect and Reflect (CD or download by request)